We’ll be holding free AWS labs throughout the Fall semester. Here’s the full schedule of dates. Times and locations will be updated when available:
- July 12: 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the Undergraduate Library ICS Lab
- July 19: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the Undergraduate Library ICS Lab
- August 9: 9:15 to 11:15 a.m. in 27 Illini Hall
- August 30: 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in 27 Illini Hall
- September 13: 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in 27 Illini Hall
- September 27: 9:15 to 11:15 a.m. in 27 Illini Hall
During each lab session, you’ll have your choice of topics:
- AWS 101: Introduction to EC2
- Identity and Access Management
- S3 and CloudFront for content distribution
- Relational Database Service
- Automating AWS with CloudFormation
- Introduction to Lambda
- Building clusters with Alces Flight
- Elastic MapReduce
You may run through multiple labs if time allows. An Amazon solutions architect will be on-site with our local staff to offer technical assistance and discuss cloud topics.
Technology Services will grant you access to a shared AWS account for the lab; you don’t need your own. Computers will be available onsite, though you’re welcome to bring your own laptop if you prefer.
Please register here to reserve your seat.