We’ve locked in our Spring lab schedule:
- January 17: 9:15 to 11:15 a.m. in 28 Illini Hall
- February 8: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in 27 Illini Hall
- March 7: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in 27 Illini Hall
- April 11: 9:15 to 11:15 a.m. in 28 Illini Hall
- April 18: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in 28 Illini Hall
- May 23: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in 28 Illini Hall
- June 6: 9:15 to 11:15 a.m. in 28 Illini Hall
During each lab session, you’ll have your choice of topics:
- AWS 101: Introduction to EC2
- Identity and Access Management
- S3 and CloudFront for content distribution
- Relational Database Service
- Automating AWS with CloudFormation
- Introduction to Lambda
- Building clusters with Alces Flight
- Elastic MapReduce
You may run through multiple labs if time allows.
Technology Services will grant you access to a shared AWS account for the lab; you don’t need your own. Computers will be available onsite, though you’re welcome to bring your own laptop if you prefer.
An Amazon solutions architect will be on site along with University of Illinois staff to guide you through lab materials and discuss cloud topics.
Please register here to reserve your seat.