Illinois’ Amazon Web Services (AWS) contract offers a number of benefits for campus customers. Some of these securities, protections, and financial benefits including:
- University Counsel has reviewed and approved the Terms and Conditions for university use.
- Using the campus contract protects you from liability for a cybersecurity breach, which could include the cost of exposure of university credentials, FERPA and other personal data, as well as damages created for third parties.
- The Illinois contract takes advantage of a negotiated discount rate that includes a percentage discount of all activity and a waiver of network egress fees and support contract requirements.
- Illinois federates AWS accounts with university password stores, so you will not need to develop or maintain independent authentication structures.
- Support from the University for resolving billing issues, including unintended costs and costs due to hacking.
To set up your Illinois AWS account visit AWS Quickstart.
If you have additional questions contact the Illinois AWS team, email email@example.com.