Welcome to the new school year. We’ve scheduled AWS training opportunities through the end of the calendar year:
- Wednesday, September 12: 9:00 – 11:00 am, 28 Illini Hall
- Wednesday, October 10: 2:30 – 4:30 pm, 27 Illini Hall
- Thursday, October 25: 9:00 – 11:00 am, 27 Illini Hall
- Wednesday, November 14: 9:00 – 11:00 am, 27 Illini Hall
These are hands-on labs open to University of Illinois faculty, students, and staff. We have a range of lab topics currently available:
- AWS 101: Putting a web server on the internet
- Relational Database Service: Databases you don’t have to manage
- Identity and Access Management: Safely managing permissions
- S3 and CloudFront: Storing and distributing static web content
- CloudFormation: Automating AWS with infrastructure as code
- Lamba: Using function-as-a-service to process images
- Alces Flight: Building your own personal HPC cluster
- Elastic MapReduce: Getting started with big data in AWS
Participants may select any lab and work at their own pace with guidance from University of Illinois and Amazon staff. Lab computers are provided, but you’re welcome to bring your laptop if you prefer.
Register here to reserve your seat.