Illinois’ Amazon Web Services (AWS) contract offers a number of benefits for campus customers. Some of these securities, protections, and financial benefits including:
- University Counsel has reviewed and approved the Terms and Conditions for university use.
- Using the campus contract protects you from liability for a cybersecurity breach, which could include the cost of exposure of university credentials, FERPA and other personal data, as well as damages created for third parties.
- The Illinois contract takes advantage of a negotiated discount rate that includes a percentage discount of all activity and a waiver of network egress fees and support contract requirements.
- Illinois federates AWS accounts with university password stores, so you will not need to develop or maintain independent authentication structures.
- Support from the University for resolving billing issues, including unintended costs and costs due to hacking.
To set up your Illinois AWS account visit AWS Quickstart.