Please join us on May 7, 2020 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM for a free online Google Cloud Kubernetes Workshop by Burwood.
Kubernetes is becoming the de facto system for deploying and managing production container workflows. We invite you to join Burwood Group for a three-hour interactive overview of containers and Kubernetes, helping you learn when to consider containers for your services, how to do so, and when you would run them on Kubernetes.
- Overview of containers, common use cases and architecture
- Kubernetes: Container orchestration & management
- Code Lifecycle: Enabling developer productivity
- Container security
- Continuous integration with GKE
- Containers Hands-on Walkthrough
- Kubernetes Hands-on Walkthrough
Many of the cloud platform providers have created programs offering grants for research on COVID-19. Below are links to several offerings and a reminder about the best way to use credits at the university.
AWS Diagnostic Development Initiative (DDI):
Microsoft AI for Health Grant:
GCP COVID-19 Research Grants:
C3.ai Digital Transformation Institute:
If you have received cloud platform service credits as part of a gift or grant, the Technology Services Cloud Platform Team can help apply them to your university Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform accounts.
By using a university account instead of a personal account, you gain the following benefits:
- Protection from potential conflict of interest or inappropriate use of university property
- Access to the university’s negotiated HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) to allow higher levels of sensitive data to be stored in the cloud platform
- Access to higher levels of technical support and design assistance
- Costs that go above the usage credits are billed to a university account number instead of a personal credit card
It is best to contact the Cloud Platform Team before applying the credits to your personal account. If you already have a personal account, we can work with you to transfer it into the university’s system.
AWS Support: email@example.com
Azure Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
GCP Support: email@example.com
Google and Carahsoft invite you to this hands-on class to help introduce you to Google’s Cloud Platform. This one-day instructor-led course introduces participants to the big data capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get an overview of the Google Cloud Platform and a detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
Attendees of this course will learn how to:
- Identify the purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform
- Use Cloud SQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform
- Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis
- Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow
- Employ ML APIs
- Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform