Please join us on October 24 from 1:00 to 5:00 PM in room 28 Illini Hall for a Microsoft workshop on Azure serverless computing. This workshop is in-person only with a hands-on lab. Space is limited.
This Microsoft led workshop on Azure serverless computing explains how developers can build applications faster by eliminating the need to manage infrastructure and automatically provision and scale the infrastructure required to run code. This approach enables developers to increase their focus on the business logic and deliver more value to the core of the business. Serverless computing helps teams increase their productivity, bring products to market faster, better optimize resources, and stay focused on innovation.
The format of this workshop will be a 45-minute presentation, a 2-hour hands-on lab, and a 1-hour discussion. Lab computers are provided, or you may bring your laptop.
Ana Del Campo Medizabal
- Using Azure Functions to rapidly build event-driven solutions
- Making system integrations painless with Azure Logic Apps
- Connecting the dots in serverless computing – Functions vs. Logic Apps vs. Event Grid vs. Event Hub – when to use what and how to use them all together like a serverless champion
- Serverless SQL
An online workshop is available for Azure Sentinel on November 5th.
Microsoft Azure Sentinel is a scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Azure Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise, providing a single solution for alert detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response.
This workshop is offered from the Microsoft EDU Azure Technical Team.
Registration and more details are available here:
We are currently working to add Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as a cloud service provider for the university. The goal is to have it available in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you have any questions or need more information about GCP you can contact us at email@example.com.
Please join us for a Microsoft Azure kickoff meeting on Monday, September 23rd from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM located on campus in DCL L410 and online via Skype for Business. The meeting will also be recorded for those that can’t attend.
The meeting will focus on the following topics:
- Introductions of the Azure team
- What is Azure and what it can do for you
- How the service works on campus and where to learn more
- Feedback on what you would like to see going forward in terms of regular meetups and training
A Recording of This Meeting is Available on Box